Downloads, Information and Photos
Deb Brown is a small town enthusiast and expert for small towns. Her practical approach for getting communities into action right away has been shared at national conferences, local visits, service organizations and everything in between.
A wealth of experience includes foreign casualty insurance underwriting, bartending, retail management, selling knives around the US, leading a chamber and working with small towns. Deb has lived in tiny towns, small towns, small cities and a major metro city. Yet, she’s come home to a small town and travels to many other rural communities to help. She collaborates with Becky McCray at www.saveyour.town and has her own business www.BuildingPossibility.com.
Deb has the ability to listen, find the truths in what is working and what isn’t, and share ideas for the future along with many small town examples. Deb is a relentless optimist and knows how to build possibility in your small town. Better yet, she inspires you to take small steps towards a brighter future for your community.
- Brownfields National Annual Training
- National Association of Development Organizations
- International Economic Development Conference
- TEDx Brookings
- Rural X Summits
- Western Area Chamber Executives Conference, Los Angeles
- Radically Rural Conference, Keene, New Hampshire
- Colorado Hospital Association Annual Conference
- Michigan Association of Planners Annual Conference
Embedded Community Experiences
She has traveled the United States embedding herself in small towns for a week in places like Roscommon County, Michigan, Columbiana, Ohio, and Bennettsville, South Carolina, York, Nebraska and her home town of Webster City, Iowa just to name a few.
Why bring Deb to town?
The best answer is because she understands you. Deb is a small town enthusiast, raised in a small town, live in a small town and work with towns just like yours.
Video, Testimonials, Schedule
You can visit the video page to see videos of her in action, including the TEDx talk. You’ll also find newspaper articles, podcasts and a few pictures there. The testimonials page shares some things other towns have said about Deb. Check the schedule page to see where she’s been and what her upcoming schedule is.
You can see more photos by clicking here
Deb spends 3-4 days in a small town, talking to as many people, groups, city people, non profits, students, service organizations and boards as possible. She asks them “what do you want?” This question prompts everyone to start talking and working on the things they want. The data is compiled, a presentation is given and they eat breakfast the last morning!
Download this document of what the ECE is all about. Remember every community is different, and so is their experience of the ECE.
- Find ways to fill those empty buildings in your town, including a Tour of Empty Buildings
- Marketing in a Small Town is more than just social media.
- Idea Friendly Method – how three simple steps can help you achieve your big idea
- Why small towns and rural areas matter (Rural is not Dead)
- Innovative Rural Business Models
- Rural Jobs Creations Strategies
- Creating Events People Will Attend and why it matters to your retailers
If you need anything else feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 641-580-0103.