- We have too many empty buildings
- Our downtown needs help
- Our youth are leaving
- We can’t figure out good marketing and promotion in our small town
- People are stuck in the past
- We need more businesses and better economic development.
Deb brings common sense to address the challenges small towns face.
Whether you’re looking for a keynote speaker, webinar, a workshop, or a hands on visit, Deb will customize her visit to suit your needs!
- Given a TEDx talk
- Keynoted at Brownfields National Conference in Los Angeles
- Led workshops at National Association of Development Organizers
- Lead a Town Hall at the International Economic Development Conference
- Presented at the Midwest Annual Chamber Executives and Western Annual Chamber Executives conferences
- Hosted and co-hosted 140 Character Conferences in New York City, Hutchinson, Kansas and Des Moines, Iowa
- Keynoted in Oregon, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Colorado and more
- Brought the Embedded Community Experiences to communities in Oklahoma, South Carolina, Iowa, Minnesota, Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Her programs on various small town challenges, what to do with empty buildings, better customer service, marketing and economic development in small towns, Innovative Rural Business Models, and Six Steps to Building Possibility have helped chambers, economic developers, tourism specialists, museum experts, business groups, and small town conferences.
This practical advice comes from real world experience. Over 60 years on the planet has given Deb knowledge on how to do a lot of things and how to work with many different types of people. Her background ranges from farming, foreign casualty insurance underwriting, retail management and even bartending.
Deb is the co-founder of www.saveyour.town along with Becky McCray. They bring you practical advice on how to shape a brighter future for your small town.
Ready to book Deb? Visit the Booking Page