Deb Brown: Inspiring Your Small Town to Take Action
Specialist Speaker on Small Town Topics
You’ll receive common sense advice based upon Deb’s broad experience and the solutions of many other small towns she’s helped.
- given a TEDx talk,
- lead a Town Hall at the International Economic Development Conference,
- spoke at the Midwest Annual Chamber Executives and Western Annual Chamber Executives conferences,
- Hosted and co-hosted 140 Character Conferences in New York City, Hutchinson, Kansas and Des Moines, Iowa,
- keynoted in Oregon, New Hampshire, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, Colorado and more,
- brought the Embedded Community Experiences to communities in Oklahoma, South Carolina, Iowa, Minnesota, Washington, Oregon, Pennsylvania and Ohio.
Her programs on various small business challenges, what to do with empty buildings, customer service, marketing and economic development in small towns, Innovative Rural Business Models, Six Steps to Building Possibility have helped chambers, economic developers, tourism specialists, museum experts, business groups, and small town conferences.
This practical advice come from real world experience. Over 60 years on the planet has given Deb knowledge on how to do a lot of things and how to work with many different types of people. Growing up on a farm she learned quickly how to be an entrepreneur with the first hog she owned. Many side gigs paid for education. Then there is the 30 years in Chicago doing everything from foreign casualty insurance underwriting to retail management.
Deb is the co-founder of www.saveyour.town along with Becky McCray. They bring you practical advice on how to shape a brighter future for your small town. Recent experience includes Webster City Area Chamber of Commerce in Iowa Executive Director and the communications director at the Greater Franklin County Chamber.
Whether you’re looking for a keynote speaker, webinar, a workshop or a hands on visit, there’s a way that works for you and Deb will customize your visit.