My house smells really good. I have frankincense essential oil bubbling away in the diffuser. The aroma is warm, earthy and sweet and great for the immune system. Frankincense quiets the mind, brings focused attention and tranquility. I recently purchased the book Essential Oils for Health by Kymberly Keniston-Pond and this information comes from that book. I am also a direct shopper with Melaleuca and they have the highest grade oils available and I trust them. Today we’ll talk a little about using some oils for weight loss.
Let’s start with grapefruit. It can be used to stimulate the hypothalamus part of the brain, diminish any false urges to eat and keep you feeling confident and positive. Just put a couple of drops on a cotton ball, and inhale 3-4 times when those cravings hit (for me that’s at 10 and 3).
Lemon helps with keeping the negative energies away. You know those guys – they are are the ones who say “You’ll always be fat. You’re no good. Who’s gonna love you?” Again, just a few drops on a cotton ball and inhale 3-4 times deeply.
If you’re on a program of healthy eating, and we all aspire to that, you’ll find that you need to eliminate toxins. Your liver eliminates toxins through your skin and warm water helps push toxins out. While in the shower, take a gulp or two of the water! After your bath or shower, you can put this blend of lavendar and rosemary on your body (you can use it up to two times a day):
- 8 Tablespoons of coconut oil (or almond or grape seed)
- 15 drops of lavender (it supports elimination of excess fat)
- 15 drops of rosemary (stimulates the liver to support flow of bile and it supports metabolism)
Blend it all well together and use!
- I’m not a doctor, nor do I pretend to be. Use your noggin and do what you know is right. If you have medical problems, see a real doctor.
- Don’t use rosemary if you are pregnant, nursing or prone to seizure disorders or have a fever.
- Nothing happens overnight – give this some time to work!