Sunday afternoons Becky McCray and I, as part of our SaveYour.Town project, are talking about 5 stories found on the internet during the week. Here are the links to the stories we covered this week and the 10 minute video discussion.
- Agritourism Toolkit – Oregon Tourism Commission http://buff.ly/1RnaZNZ Focus on business fundamentals first, then a strong marketing effort.
- 5 reasons small towns should think regionally http://buff.ly/1OqMsmJ Another winner from Katy. Reason 4: “Small towns are inter-connected by family ties.”
- Three rural Australia population trends that should be on your radar http://buff.ly/1Qk1gcg – just like in the US, reports of rural’s death in Australia are greatly exaggerated. “The RAI’s research shows that widespread decline is a myth, the regional population is growing and there is much more to the story.”
- Whitehorse greenhouse teams up with local artists, food co-op http://buff.ly/1oSY653 Greenhouse as biz incubator!
- How to Build a Better Neighborhood http://buff.ly/1oSWI2t Written for small neighborhoods inside big cities, so the ideas work just as well in small towns.
Did you miss Session One? Watch it here!
If you’re not receiving both our newsletters, you can sign up for them at www.saveyour.town